The user has not been granted the requested logon type
You will be requested to enter a password for the guest account when trying to add a network printer that is located on the damaged system.
Although you are able to see the computer in My Network Places when you try to access it you receive the following error: An error has occurred contact your system administrator …. The user has not been granted the requested logon type …
The error will still happen even after uninstalling any firewalls.
The error has been reported on mainly Windows XP Home computers.
The Guest account has been denied logon access on the damaged machine.
1. Enable the Guest account in Control Panel / User Accounts
2. Download the Windows 2003 Resource Kit from this location: www.sitefwd.com/rktools
3. Install the program
4. Open a command prompt: Start/Run cmd
5. Execute the command: net user guest /active:yes
6. Execute the command: ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
7. Execute the command: ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest